Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

This has been one of those days I've dreamed about. Here I am sitting on the couch watching tv and doing absolutely nothing-which is exactly what I've been doing all day. Lazy. I know. But how often is there nothing on my schedule, my children are gone to Poppie and Nana's all day, and the house is actually pretty clean (I had the kids clean before they left yesterday:)

We had the children's program at church Sunday evening. It was entitled "Living Christmas Cards." I really enjoyed doing this one-there was no memorization for the kids, but they got to sing some songs and have the spotlight at different times. I really think it went well! And thanks to my husband-the best hubby ever-the stage got set up on time and the music was on cue, and it is already all cleaned up! Yep-the best husband ever.

Last night Kyle and I took our Associate Pastor Mark and his wife Kelli out to dinner at the Red Apple Inn. Soooo fun! Mark and Kelli are hilarious! We may have been a little loud for the crowd there that night-and NO we didn't buy a membership:) I had the Chicken Scallopinni-soooo good! Kyle had a steak-of course. It was a lovely evening of laughter and intelligent adult conversation. Well-the "intelligent" may be questionable-but it sure was fun!

I guess the next few days will be full of running here and there for Christmas. Please remember with me the real meaning of christmas as you run here and there.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! Welcome to the blogging world, Amy!! You have the most beautiful family. I look forward to keeping up with the Blantons! :)

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time since last update...been rocking too much with GHWT2?

    ReplyDelete