Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ok, so my husband tells me I need to get off the guitar hero and back to my blog. So here I am! The question is, do I have anything exciting to say? What could I possibly talk about that would keep someone’s interest? Hmmmm…

I could tell you about subbing today and how it amazes me that the upperclassmen come in and are so polite, they go straight to their seats and actually ask if they can get started on their work before the bell rings. Wow! And then there are the freshmen…Oh my goodness! They come into class wearing their pants with hundreds of silver buckles hanging off, their hair is, well, not clean, and you wouldn’t believe the odor in the classroom! Wow, again! I guess they grow up, but it looks like they may have a ways to go.

Or I might could tell you about my grandfather in the hospital and ask you to pray for him. Several years ago he had a 5-bypass surgery. Then after that he had to have a 4-bypass surgery, so he had two open-heart surgeries within a couple years of each other. Well now he’s in the hospital needing another. He had 90% blockage in an artery, and they say he really should have another bypass. I’m afraid he’ll have none of it! He said after the last one that he’d never do that again. So they tried another procedure called a “Rotational Atherectomy. Papa calls it a “Roto-Rooter,” so that gives you an idea of what the procedure is. I guess it goes in and scrapes out the artery. Well-it worked! They showed Granny a before and after picture of the artery, and it was cleared! Praise the Lord! But now they are afraid his colon cancer may be back. So say a prayer for him and Grannie.

Guess I did have something to say after all :) How 'bout that? I guess I'd better get to the laundry. My house may be clean but the laundry is not done.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog! It's fun to catch up via blogs...even though we live in the same town! :)
    (BTW- My dad is a Poppie too! And I think Jayme Brown's dad is a Poppie...crazy!)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete